Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Willy Ray's BBQ (Beaumont, Tx)

Part 1 of 5

This is the 1st installment of my 5 part "Texas BBQ Road Trip 2010". Texas Monthly Magazine listed the top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas and I had the honor/dishonor of attending 5 of the 50 establishments during Memorial Weekend.

Willy Ray's - Let me start by giving you a visual. ALL YOU CAN EAT w/ 7 different meats to choose from! Despite the whole "East Texas Factor" and the baggage it carries (excluding Janis Joplin of coarse), this was a more than pleasurable experience. A+ sweet tea, A+ fried okra, and A+ on the most of the meats. The only thing these guys lacked was a Blue Bell Ice Cream Bar in the corner.

Let me keep this blog short and give Willy Ray's BBQ a 4.5 out of 5 stars.



Check out their website.

Read their testimonials.







After my meal was over, I was honored to be given a survey to fill out. I will now quote myself from my personal letter to the manager...

Pros: Tender brisket, nice ribs...not too soggy.
Criticism: BBQ Sauce...too sweet. This made it taste like candy. A True Texan doesn't use BBQ Sauce Period! So, let the foreigners drown their meat in their ignorance.


Willy Ray's BBQ will be receiving a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Willy Ray's BBQ & Catering on Urbanspoon

No comments: