Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Capital Q BBQ (Washington D.C.)

In keeping with the Washington DC tradition of putting out failed products, lets talk about D.C. BBQ.

Capital Q =  One word: YUCK!




This was by far THE most expensive BBQ I’ve ever had. $20!

Nothing was seasoned, they gave me the fattiest point of the brisket where there was little to no meat in it. The ribs were pure rubber and the texture was pretty bad too. The meat just stuck on the bone. The Potato Salad (or should I say mustard/mayo salad with potato garnishing) was awful. If you hate celery you’d really hate this ”Potato Salad”. I left the place without cleaning my plate.

They pride themselves on Texas BBQ. You know what I say to that? Texas BBQ my Ass! OK, they got a little write up in the Houston Chronicle, they serve Texas beverages like Shiner Bock and Dr. Pepper, and I saw a few Texas stickers here and there. To quote the former Texas Governor Ann Richards "You can put lipstick on a hog and call it Monique, but it is still a pig."

Just how D.C. does NOT know what’s best for our country, they also don’t know what's best for BBQ. They can keep their laws and their BBQ. I’ll be taking the first flight outta here. I spared you the pictures I took so I wouldn't spoil your appetite.


Capital Q will be receiving a 1 out of 5 stars

  Capital Q Texan BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments: